Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Load table command not working

6 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2013-03-20 21:47:26.0Z
Jay Posted on 2013-01-08 18:25:57.0Z
Sender: 6334.50ec630a.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Jay
Newsgroups: sybase.public.iq
Subject: Load table command not working
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <50ec64b5.63e6.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 8 Jan 2013 10:25:57 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1357669557 172.20.134.41 (8 Jan 2013 10:25:57 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Jan 2013 10:25:57 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 22
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.iq:4585
Article PK: 1158823

Hi

I have setup a new IQ 15.4 server. Trying to use the load
table command to load data from ase and 0 rows getting
copied. Any suggestions would be helpful

ASE::
use tempdb
create table tab1 (c1 int)
insert into tab1 values (1)

bcp::
cd tmp
bcp tempdb..tab1 out tab1.bcp -Umyuser -Smyserver_ase -n
-Pxxx

IQ::
create table tab1 (c1 int)
load into table tab1(col1)
from '/tmp/tab1.bcp'
escapes off
(0 rows affected)


Abhijit Jadhav Posted on 2013-01-08 22:32:47.0Z
Sender: 6813.50ec7b2b.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Abhijit Jadhav
Newsgroups: sybase.public.iq
Subject: Re: Load table command not working
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <50ec9e8f.7377.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <50ec64b5.63e6.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 8 Jan 2013 14:32:47 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1357684367 172.20.134.41 (8 Jan 2013 14:32:47 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Jan 2013 14:32:47 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 29
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.iq:4588
Article PK: 1158828

You need to have "go" or ";" at the end of load command.
Always issue commit after any command you issue on IQ. Even
after sp_iqstatus

Rgds,
Abhijit

> Hi
>
> I have setup a new IQ 15.4 server. Trying to use the load
> table command to load data from ase and 0 rows getting
> copied. Any suggestions would be helpful
>
> ASE::
> use tempdb
> create table tab1 (c1 int)
> insert into tab1 values (1)
>
> bcp::
> cd tmp
> bcp tempdb..tab1 out tab1.bcp -Umyuser -Smyserver_ase -n
> -Pxxx
>
> IQ::
> create table tab1 (c1 int)
> load into table tab1(col1)
> from '/tmp/tab1.bcp'
> escapes off
> (0 rows affected)


Jay Posted on 2013-01-08 22:39:24.0Z
Sender: 68e0.50ec7ffd.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Jay
Newsgroups: sybase.public.iq
Subject: Re: Load table command not working
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <50eca01c.7444.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <50ec9e8f.7377.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 8 Jan 2013 14:39:24 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1357684764 172.20.134.41 (8 Jan 2013 14:39:24 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Jan 2013 14:39:24 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 33
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.iq:4589
Article PK: 1158831

Below was only an example. There were go statements
following each of the commands

> You need to have "go" or ";" at the end of load command.
> Always issue commit after any command you issue on IQ.
> Even after sp_iqstatus
>
> Rgds,
> Abhijit
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have setup a new IQ 15.4 server. Trying to use the
> > load table command to load data from ase and 0 rows
> > getting copied. Any suggestions would be helpful
> >
> > ASE::
> > use tempdb
> > create table tab1 (c1 int)
> > insert into tab1 values (1)
> >
> > bcp::
> > cd tmp
> > bcp tempdb..tab1 out tab1.bcp -Umyuser -Smyserver_ase -n
> > -Pxxx
> >
> > IQ::
> > create table tab1 (c1 int)
> > load into table tab1(col1)
> > from '/tmp/tab1.bcp'
> > escapes off
> > (0 rows affected)


máca Posted on 2013-01-09 17:44:08.0Z
Sender: 5898.50edabac.1804289383@sybase.com
From: máca
Newsgroups: sybase.public.iq
Subject: Re: Load table command not working
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <50edac68.58cb.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <50eca01c.7444.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 9 Jan 2013 09:44:08 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1357753448 172.20.134.41 (9 Jan 2013 09:44:08 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Jan 2013 09:44:08 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 35
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.iq:4591
Article PK: 1158861

Empty file? :-)

> Below was only an example. There were go statements
> following each of the commands
>
>
> > You need to have "go" or ";" at the end of load command.
> > Always issue commit after any command you issue on IQ.
> > Even after sp_iqstatus
> >
> > Rgds,
> > Abhijit
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I have setup a new IQ 15.4 server. Trying to use the
> > > load table command to load data from ase and 0 rows
> > > getting copied. Any suggestions would be helpful
> > >
> > > ASE::
> > > use tempdb
> > > create table tab1 (c1 int)
> > > insert into tab1 values (1)
> > >
> > > bcp::
> > > cd tmp
> > > bcp tempdb..tab1 out tab1.bcp -Umyuser -Smyserver_ase
> > > -n -Pxxx
> > >
> > > IQ::
> > > create table tab1 (c1 int)
> > > load into table tab1(col1)
> > > from '/tmp/tab1.bcp'
> > > escapes off
> > > (0 rows affected)


Jay Posted on 2013-03-20 21:47:26.0Z
Sender: 43da.514a2beb.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Jay
Newsgroups: sybase.public.iq
Subject: Re: Load table command not working
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <514a2e6d.4428.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <50edac68.58cb.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 20 Mar 2013 13:47:26 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1363816046 172.20.134.41 (20 Mar 2013 13:47:26 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 20 Mar 2013 13:47:26 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 46
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.iq:4615
Article PK: 1308532

Hi

Getting below error on load table statement.

SQL Anywhere Error -1013028: An invalid size (too large) was
specified for a LOAD option.
-- (db_sqlins.cxx 5141)

Any idea what this error means?

Thanks

> Empty file? :-)
>
> > Below was only an example. There were go statements
> > following each of the commands
> >
> >
> > > You need to have "go" or ";" at the end of load
> > > command. Always issue commit after any command you
> > > issue on IQ. Even after sp_iqstatus
> > >
> > > Rgds,
> > > Abhijit
> > >
> > > > Hi
> > > >
> > > > I have setup a new IQ 15.4 server. Trying to use the
> > > > load table command to load data from ase and 0 rows
> > > > getting copied. Any suggestions would be helpful
> > > >
> > > > ASE::
> > > > use tempdb
> > > > create table tab1 (c1 int)
> > > > insert into tab1 values (1)
> > > >
> > > > bcp::
> > > > cd tmp
> > > > bcp tempdb..tab1 out tab1.bcp -Umyuser
> > > > -Smyserver_ase -n -Pxxx
> > > >
> > > > IQ::
> > > > create table tab1 (c1 int)
> > > > load into table tab1(col1)
> > > > from '/tmp/tab1.bcp'
> > > > escapes off
> > > > (0 rows affected)


tartampion Posted on 2013-01-09 20:56:15.0Z
Sender: 63f2.50edd762.1804289383@sybase.com
From: tartampion
Newsgroups: sybase.public.iq
Subject: Re: Load table command not working
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <50edd96f.644b.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <50ec64b5.63e6.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 9 Jan 2013 12:56:15 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1357764975 172.20.134.41 (9 Jan 2013 12:56:15 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Jan 2013 12:56:15 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 34
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.iq:4592
Article PK: 1158871

You probably need to have a richer load statement, for
example need to indicate what is your columns and/or line
delimiter, Here is an example of load into a single column
table
LOAD TABLE USERNAME.TABLENAME
(Col1 )
USING CLIENT FILE 'd:/IQ/data/Areh_jounam.DAT'
QUOTES OFF
ESCAPES OFF
DELIMITED by '\n';
--ROW DELIMITED by '\n';
This surely work

> Hi
>
> I have setup a new IQ 15.4 server. Trying to use the load
> table command to load data from ase and 0 rows getting
> copied. Any suggestions would be helpful
>
> ASE::
> use tempdb
> create table tab1 (c1 int)
> insert into tab1 values (1)
>
> bcp::
> cd tmp
> bcp tempdb..tab1 out tab1.bcp -Umyuser -Smyserver_ase -n
> -Pxxx
>
> IQ::
> create table tab1 (c1 int)
> load into table tab1(col1)
> from '/tmp/tab1.bcp'
> escapes off
> (0 rows affected)