Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Change from Developer Edition to Express Edition

4 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2012-11-23 07:13:43.0Z
rjlpedrosa Posted on 2012-11-22 21:22:58.0Z
Sender: 6b89.50ae95ee.1804289383@sybase.com
From: rjlpedrosa
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.general
Subject: Change from Developer Edition to Express Edition
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <50ae97b2.6bc0.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 22 Nov 2012 13:22:58 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1353619378 172.20.134.41 (22 Nov 2012 13:22:58 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Nov 2012 13:22:58 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 10
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.general:31517
Article PK: 74408

Hello,

I have an ASE Developer Edition installation that I would
like to change to Express Edition. Can it be possible? How
can I do it?

Also, I have tried to download the Linux Express Edition
of ASE but the link is down. This isn't available anymore?

Thanks


Rob V Posted on 2012-11-22 21:57:29.0Z
From: Rob V <rob@sypron.nl>
Reply-To: rob@sypron.nl
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Thunderbird/17.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.general
Subject: Re: Change from Developer Edition to Express Edition
References: <50ae97b2.6bc0.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <50ae97b2.6bc0.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <50ae9fc9$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 22 Nov 2012 13:57:29 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1353621449 172.20.134.152 (22 Nov 2012 13:57:29 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Nov 2012 13:57:29 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 40
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.general:31518
Article PK: 74405


On 22-Nov-2012 22:22, rjlpedrosa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an ASE Developer Edition installation that I would
> like to change to Express Edition. Can it be possible? How
> can I do it?
>
> Also, I have tried to download the Linux Express Edition
> of ASE but the link is down. This isn't available anymore?
>
> Thanks
>

Changing the edition should be a matter of changing the license key and
changing the edition as configured with sp_lmconfig. If that wouldn't
work for some reason, you can always dump the databases in DE and oad
them in XE.

The download location for XE is working just fine BTW: I just downloaded
a copy as a test. This is
http://response.sybase.com/forms/ASE_Linux_Download

--
HTH,

Rob V.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Rob Verschoor

Certified Professional DBA for Sybase ASE, IQ, Replication Server

Author of Sybase books (order online at www.sypron.nl/shop):
"Tips, Tricks & Recipes for Sybase ASE"
"The Complete Sybase IQ Quick Reference Guide"
"The Complete Sybase ASE Quick Reference Guide"
"The Complete Sybase Replication Server Quick Reference Guide"

rob@NO.SPAM.sypron.nl | www.sypron.nl | Twitter: @rob_verschoor
Sypron B.V., The Netherlands | Chamber of Commerce 27138666
-----------------------------------------------------------------


rjlpedrosa Posted on 2012-11-23 05:12:22.0Z
Sender: 7b26.50af00d8.1804289383@sybase.com
From: rjlpedrosa
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.general
Subject: Re: Change from Developer Edition to Express Edition
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <50af05b6.7c87.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <50ae9fc9$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 22 Nov 2012 21:12:22 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1353647542 172.20.134.41 (22 Nov 2012 21:12:22 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Nov 2012 21:12:22 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 52
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.general:31521
Article PK: 74406

Thanks. I have used the same link before but it's working
now.
Regarding changing the license how can I do that? I have a
development edition license file but how I can I get the
correspondent for express edition?

Thanks

> On 22-Nov-2012 22:22, rjlpedrosa wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have an ASE Developer Edition installation that I
> > would like to change to Express Edition. Can it be
> > possible? How can I do it?
> >
> > Also, I have tried to download the Linux Express
> > Edition of ASE but the link is down. This isn't
> available anymore? >
> > Thanks
> >
>
> Changing the edition should be a matter of changing the
> license key and changing the edition as configured with
> sp_lmconfig. If that wouldn't work for some reason, you
> can always dump the databases in DE and oad them in XE.
>
> The download location for XE is working just fine BTW: I
> just downloaded a copy as a test. This is
> http://response.sybase.com/forms/ASE_Linux_Download
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> Rob V.
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> ------- Rob Verschoor
>
> Certified Professional DBA for Sybase ASE, IQ, Replication
> Server
>
> Author of Sybase books (order online at
> www.sypron.nl/shop): "Tips, Tricks & Recipes for Sybase
> ASE" "The Complete Sybase IQ Quick Reference Guide"
> "The Complete Sybase ASE Quick Reference Guide"
> "The Complete Sybase Replication Server Quick Reference
> Guide"
>
> rob@NO.SPAM.sypron.nl | www.sypron.nl | Twitter:
> @rob_verschoor Sypron B.V., The Netherlands | Chamber of
> Commerce 27138666
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> -------


rjlpedrosa Posted on 2012-11-23 07:13:43.0Z
Sender: 7b26.50af00d8.1804289383@sybase.com
From: rjlpedrosa
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.general
Subject: Re: Change from Developer Edition to Express Edition
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <50af2226.545.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <50af05b6.7c87.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 22 Nov 2012 23:13:43 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1353654823 172.20.134.41 (22 Nov 2012 23:13:43 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Nov 2012 23:13:43 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 60
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.general:31522
Article PK: 74409

Sorry, I've already seen the license file in the express
edition download. It's ok now.

Many thanks

> Thanks. I have used the same link before but it's working
> now.
> Regarding changing the license how can I do that? I have a
> development edition license file but how I can I get the
> correspondent for express edition?
>
> Thanks
>
> > On 22-Nov-2012 22:22, rjlpedrosa wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have an ASE Developer Edition installation that
> > > I would like to change to Express Edition. Can it be
> > > possible? How can I do it?
> > >
> > > Also, I have tried to download the Linux Express
> > > Edition of ASE but the link is down. This isn't
> > available anymore? >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> >
> > Changing the edition should be a matter of changing the
> > license key and changing the edition as configured with
> > sp_lmconfig. If that wouldn't work for some reason, you
> > can always dump the databases in DE and oad them in XE.
> >
> > The download location for XE is working just fine BTW: I
> > just downloaded a copy as a test. This is
> > http://response.sybase.com/forms/ASE_Linux_Download
> >
> > --
> > HTH,
> >
> > Rob V.
> >
> >
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> ------- Rob Verschoor >
> > Certified Professional DBA for Sybase ASE, IQ,
> > Replication Server
> >
> > Author of Sybase books (order online at
> > www.sypron.nl/shop): "Tips, Tricks & Recipes for Sybase
> > ASE" "The Complete Sybase IQ Quick Reference Guide"
> > "The Complete Sybase ASE Quick Reference Guide"
> > "The Complete Sybase Replication Server Quick Reference
> > Guide"
> >
> > rob@NO.SPAM.sypron.nl | www.sypron.nl | Twitter:
> > @rob_verschoor Sypron B.V., The Netherlands | Chamber
> > of Commerce 27138666
> >
> >
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> -------