Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Rep Server Upgrade

4 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2012-02-28 18:04:26.0Z
maya Posted on 2012-02-27 20:05:45.0Z
Sender: 4d85.4f4be19e.1804289383@sybase.com
From: maya
Newsgroups: sybase.public.rep-server
Subject: Rep Server Upgrade
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4f4be219.4d95.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 27 Feb 2012 12:05:45 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1330373145 172.20.134.41 (27 Feb 2012 12:05:45 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 27 Feb 2012 12:05:45 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 6
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.rep-server:9154
Article PK: 870318

Hi,
Can I upgrade Rep server 'Replication Server/15.2/EBF 17701
ESD#2/RS6000/AIX 5.3/1/OPT/Wed Apr 21 18:16:31 2010'
to version 15.6 ESD#2 directly?
Is there manual that explains upgrade process?
Thanks


peta62 Posted on 2012-02-27 20:44:10.0Z
From: peta62 <no@mail.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111105 Thunderbird/8.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.rep-server
Subject: Re: Rep Server Upgrade
References: <4f4be219.4d95.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <4f4be219.4d95.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4f4beb1a@forums-1-dub>
Date: 27 Feb 2012 12:44:10 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1330375450 10.22.241.152 (27 Feb 2012 12:44:10 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 27 Feb 2012 12:44:10 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 19
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.rep-server:9155
Article PK: 870317

Hello,
yes according to :
http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.help.rs.15.6/title.htm

Upgrade process :
http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.help.rs.15.6/title.htm

Cheers,
Peter

On 27/02/2012 21:05, maya wrote:
> Hi,
> Can I upgrade Rep server 'Replication Server/15.2/EBF 17701
> ESD#2/RS6000/AIX 5.3/1/OPT/Wed Apr 21 18:16:31 2010'
> to version 15.6 ESD#2 directly?
> Is there manual that explains upgrade process?
> Thanks


maya Posted on 2012-02-28 16:49:59.0Z
Sender: fb4.4f4cd545.1804289383@sybase.com
From: maya
Newsgroups: sybase.public.rep-server
Subject: Re: Rep Server Upgrade
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4f4d05b7.1a6b.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4f4beb1a@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 28 Feb 2012 08:49:59 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1330447799 172.20.134.41 (28 Feb 2012 08:49:59 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 28 Feb 2012 08:49:59 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 24
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.rep-server:9156
Article PK: 870319

How do I extract tgz file?
Does the version 15.6 ESD2 works on AIX 5.3?

> Hello,
> yes according to :
>
http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.help.rs.15.6/title.htm
>
> Upgrade process :
>
http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.help.rs.15.6/title.htm
>
> Cheers,
> Peter
>
>
> On 27/02/2012 21:05, maya wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Can I upgrade Rep server 'Replication Server/15.2/EBF
> > 17701 ESD#2/RS6000/AIX 5.3/1/OPT/Wed Apr 21 18:16:31
> > 2010' to version 15.6 ESD#2 directly?
> > Is there manual that explains upgrade process?
> > Thanks
>


peta62 Posted on 2012-02-28 18:04:26.0Z
From: peta62 <no@mail.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111105 Thunderbird/8.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.rep-server
Subject: Re: Rep Server Upgrade
References: <4f4beb1a@forums-1-dub> <4f4d05b7.1a6b.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <4f4d05b7.1a6b.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4f4d172a@forums-1-dub>
Date: 28 Feb 2012 10:04:26 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1330452266 10.22.241.152 (28 Feb 2012 10:04:26 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 28 Feb 2012 10:04:26 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 35
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.rep-server:9157
Article PK: 870320

gzip/zip and tar, on some systems just tar can do it.

I guess so, they will tell you when you order it or check manuals,
almost the same as the links below, Release Bulletin, Installation Guide.

HTH,
Peter

On 2/28/2012 5:49 PM, maya wrote:
> How do I extract tgz file?
> Does the version 15.6 ESD2 works on AIX 5.3?
>
>> Hello,
>> yes according to :
>>
> http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.help.rs.15.6/title.htm
>>
>> Upgrade process :
>>
> http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.help.rs.15.6/title.htm
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Peter
>>
>>
>> On 27/02/2012 21:05, maya wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Can I upgrade Rep server 'Replication Server/15.2/EBF
>>> 17701 ESD#2/RS6000/AIX 5.3/1/OPT/Wed Apr 21 18:16:31
>>> 2010' to version 15.6 ESD#2 directly?
>>> Is there manual that explains upgrade process?
>>> Thanks
>>