Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

ACEAPI 10.1

8 posts in Linux Last posting was on 2012-01-10 03:06:31.0Z
Roberto Posted on 2011-12-03 02:38:46.0Z
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 22:38:46 -0400
From: Roberto <joroberto@gmail.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111105 Thunderbird/8.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: Advantage.Linux
Subject: ACEAPI 10.1
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 187.6.94.37
Message-ID: <4ed98b97@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 2 Dec 2011 18:38:15 -0700, 187.6.94.37
Lines: 19
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Linux:1319
Article PK: 1131145

Hello.

I used the aceapi 8.1 with xharbour and it worked perfectly. I decided
upgrade to aceapi 10.1 on centos 6.0. But the index were out of order.
I decided to get tested on centos 5.0 and the index were in the correct
order. What is wrong ??


PS1. the adslocal.cfg is the same in both.
(ANSI_CHAR_SET=Engl(Amer) and OEM_CHAR_SET=USA)


PS2. in Debian 6.03 work perfectly.

PS3. in Centos 6.0,Suse 12.1 and Slackware 13.7 not work.


Roberto.


Roberto Posted on 2011-12-10 01:54:19.0Z
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 21:54:19 -0400
From: Roberto <joroberto@gmail.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111105 Thunderbird/8.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: Advantage.Linux
Subject: Re: ACEAPI 10.1
References: <4ed98b97@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
In-Reply-To: <4ed98b97@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 189.72.182.33
Message-ID: <4ee2bb92$1@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 9 Dec 2011 17:53:22 -0700, 189.72.182.33
Lines: 32
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Linux:1320
Article PK: 1131142

Hi.


I think I found the problem.

The problem with indexes occurs only with the libc > 2.11

Ex. Centos 6.0, Suse 12.x and Slackware 13.7.



Em 02/12/2011 22:38, Roberto escreveu:

> Hello.
>
> I used the aceapi 8.1 with xharbour and it worked perfectly. I decided
> upgrade to aceapi 10.1 on centos 6.0. But the index were out of order. I
> decided to get tested on centos 5.0 and the index were in the correct
> order. What is wrong ??
>
>
> PS1. the adslocal.cfg is the same in both.
> (ANSI_CHAR_SET=Engl(Amer) and OEM_CHAR_SET=USA)
>
>
> PS2. in Debian 6.03 work perfectly.
>
> PS3. in Centos 6.0,Suse 12.1 and Slackware 13.7 not work.
>
>
> Roberto.
>


Roberto Posted on 2011-12-21 02:08:37.0Z
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 22:08:37 -0400
From: Roberto <joroberto@gmail.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111105 Thunderbird/8.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: Advantage.Linux
Subject: Re: ACEAPI 10.1
References: <4ed98b97@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4ee2bb92$1@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
In-Reply-To: <4ee2bb92$1@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 201.67.110.214
Message-ID: <4ef13f7e@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 20 Dec 2011 18:07:58 -0700, 201.67.110.214
Lines: 38
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Linux:1321
Article PK: 1131144

Problem is still in version 10.10.0.28

Roberto.

Em 09/12/2011 21:54, Roberto escreveu:

> Hi.
>
>
> I think I found the problem.
>
> The problem with indexes occurs only with the libc > 2.11
>
> Ex. Centos 6.0, Suse 12.x and Slackware 13.7.
>
>
>
> Em 02/12/2011 22:38, Roberto escreveu:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I used the aceapi 8.1 with xharbour and it worked perfectly. I decided
>> upgrade to aceapi 10.1 on centos 6.0. But the index were out of order. I
>> decided to get tested on centos 5.0 and the index were in the correct
>> order. What is wrong ??
>>
>>
>> PS1. the adslocal.cfg is the same in both.
>> (ANSI_CHAR_SET=Engl(Amer) and OEM_CHAR_SET=USA)
>>
>>
>> PS2. in Debian 6.03 work perfectly.
>>
>> PS3. in Centos 6.0,Suse 12.1 and Slackware 13.7 not work.
>>
>>
>> Roberto.
>>
>


Jed Thomet Posted on 2011-12-21 16:15:49.0Z
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:15:49 +0000 (UTC)
Message-ID: <49739e7da70b98ce8dd843f24ef2@devzone.advantagedatabase.com>
From: Jed Thomet <jedt_no_unrequested_emails_please@ianywhere.com>
Subject: Re: ACEAPI 10.1
Newsgroups: Advantage.Linux
References: <4ef13f7e@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed
X-Newsreader: JetBrains Omea Reader 1098.1
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.6.199.119
X-Trace: 21 Dec 2011 08:14:59 -0700, 10.6.199.119
Lines: 48
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Linux:1322
Article PK: 1131146

Hello Roberto,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "the index were out of order"? What
kind of table/index are you working with? Does the problem exist with the
9.10 version of xharbour? (Would you mind testing this to help narrow-down
which version introduced the behavior?)

Can you provide a small sample (compiled) xHarbor program/table that will
demonstrate the problem (along with the source for the program)? If so,
please send these items to advantage@sybase.com and put "attn: Jed" in the
subject line.

Jed Thomet
Advantage R&D

> Problem is still in version 10.10.0.28
>
> Roberto.
>
> Em 09/12/2011 21:54, Roberto escreveu:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I think I found the problem.
>>
>> The problem with indexes occurs only with the libc > 2.11
>>
>> Ex. Centos 6.0, Suse 12.x and Slackware 13.7.
>>
>> Em 02/12/2011 22:38, Roberto escreveu:
>>
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I used the aceapi 8.1 with xharbour and it worked perfectly. I
>>> decided upgrade to aceapi 10.1 on centos 6.0. But the index were out
>>> of order. I decided to get tested on centos 5.0 and the index were
>>> in the correct order. What is wrong ??
>>>
>>> PS1. the adslocal.cfg is the same in both.
>>> (ANSI_CHAR_SET=Engl(Amer) and OEM_CHAR_SET=USA)
>>> PS2. in Debian 6.03 work perfectly.
>>>
>>> PS3. in Centos 6.0,Suse 12.1 and Slackware 13.7 not work.
>>>
>>> Roberto.
>>>


Roberto Posted on 2011-12-29 07:13:51.0Z
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 03:13:51 -0400
From: Roberto <joroberto@gmail.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111105 Thunderbird/8.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: Advantage.Linux
Subject: Re: ACEAPI 10.1
References: <4ef13f7e@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <49739e7da70b98ce8dd843f24ef2@devzone.advantagedatabase.com>
In-Reply-To: <49739e7da70b98ce8dd843f24ef2@devzone.advantagedatabase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 189.74.183.214
Message-ID: <4efc12f0$1@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 28 Dec 2011 23:12:48 -0700, 189.74.183.214
Lines: 53
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Linux:1323
Article PK: 1131148

Sending ... look in your email

Roberto.

Em 21/12/2011 12:15, Jed Thomet escreveu:

> Hello Roberto,
>
> Can you elaborate on what you mean by "the index were out of order"?
> What kind of table/index are you working with? Does the problem exist
> with the 9.10 version of xharbour? (Would you mind testing this to help
> narrow-down which version introduced the behavior?)
>
> Can you provide a small sample (compiled) xHarbor program/table that
> will demonstrate the problem (along with the source for the program)? If
> so, please send these items to advantage@sybase.com and put "attn: Jed"
> in the subject line.
> Jed Thomet
> Advantage R&D
>
>> Problem is still in version 10.10.0.28
>>
>> Roberto.
>>
>> Em 09/12/2011 21:54, Roberto escreveu:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I think I found the problem.
>>>
>>> The problem with indexes occurs only with the libc > 2.11
>>>
>>> Ex. Centos 6.0, Suse 12.x and Slackware 13.7.
>>>
>>> Em 02/12/2011 22:38, Roberto escreveu:
>>>
>>>> Hello.
>>>>
>>>> I used the aceapi 8.1 with xharbour and it worked perfectly. I
>>>> decided upgrade to aceapi 10.1 on centos 6.0. But the index were out
>>>> of order. I decided to get tested on centos 5.0 and the index were
>>>> in the correct order. What is wrong ??
>>>>
>>>> PS1. the adslocal.cfg is the same in both.
>>>> (ANSI_CHAR_SET=Engl(Amer) and OEM_CHAR_SET=USA)
>>>> PS2. in Debian 6.03 work perfectly.
>>>>
>>>> PS3. in Centos 6.0,Suse 12.1 and Slackware 13.7 not work.
>>>>
>>>> Roberto.
>>>>
>
>


Jed Thomet Posted on 2012-01-04 19:20:52.0Z
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:20:52 +0000 (UTC)
Message-ID: <49739e7da79528ce98f26fb2c3ff@devzone.advantagedatabase.com>
From: Jed Thomet <jedt_no_unrequested_emails_please@ianywhere.com>
Subject: Re: ACEAPI 10.1
Newsgroups: Advantage.Linux
References: <4efc12f0$1@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed
X-Newsreader: JetBrains Omea Reader 1098.1
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.6.199.119
X-Trace: 4 Jan 2012 11:20:20 -0700, 10.6.199.119
Lines: 61
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Linux:1324
Article PK: 1131150

Hello Roberto,

Thank you very much. I got the emails, and will start looking into this
soon.

Jed Thomet
Advantage R&D

> Sending ... look in your email
>
> Roberto.
>
> Em 21/12/2011 12:15, Jed Thomet escreveu:
>
>> Hello Roberto,
>>
>> Can you elaborate on what you mean by "the index were out of order"?
>> What kind of table/index are you working with? Does the problem exist
>> with the 9.10 version of xharbour? (Would you mind testing this to
>> help narrow-down which version introduced the behavior?)
>>
>> Can you provide a small sample (compiled) xHarbor program/table that
>> will demonstrate the problem (along with the source for the program)?
>> If
>> so, please send these items to advantage@sybase.com and put "attn:
>> Jed"
>> in the subject line.
>> Jed Thomet
>> Advantage R&D
>>> Problem is still in version 10.10.0.28
>>>
>>> Roberto.
>>>
>>> Em 09/12/2011 21:54, Roberto escreveu:
>>>
>>>> Hi.
>>>>
>>>> I think I found the problem.
>>>>
>>>> The problem with indexes occurs only with the libc > 2.11
>>>>
>>>> Ex. Centos 6.0, Suse 12.x and Slackware 13.7.
>>>>
>>>> Em 02/12/2011 22:38, Roberto escreveu:
>>>>
>>>>> Hello.
>>>>>
>>>>> I used the aceapi 8.1 with xharbour and it worked perfectly. I
>>>>> decided upgrade to aceapi 10.1 on centos 6.0. But the index were
>>>>> out of order. I decided to get tested on centos 5.0 and the index
>>>>> were in the correct order. What is wrong ??
>>>>>
>>>>> PS1. the adslocal.cfg is the same in both.
>>>>> (ANSI_CHAR_SET=Engl(Amer) and OEM_CHAR_SET=USA)
>>>>> PS2. in Debian 6.03 work perfectly.
>>>>> PS3. in Centos 6.0,Suse 12.1 and Slackware 13.7 not work.
>>>>>
>>>>> Roberto.
>>>>>


Roberto Posted on 2012-01-10 03:06:31.0Z
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 23:06:31 -0400
From: Roberto <joroberto@gmail.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111105 Thunderbird/8.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: Advantage.Linux
Subject: Re: ACEAPI 10.1
References: <4efc12f0$1@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <49739e7da86098ce9cfeda1cb82a@devzone.advantagedatabase.com>
In-Reply-To: <49739e7da86098ce9cfeda1cb82a@devzone.advantagedatabase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 200.241.225.210
Message-ID: <4f0bab0d@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 9 Jan 2012 19:05:49 -0700, 200.241.225.210
Lines: 98
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Linux:1326
Article PK: 1131151

Hello.

Has as you access these two servers, one is the centos 6.x
and another is 5.7.

Go on the ads folder and run the program and you'll see that the result
is different.

SERVER,USER and Passwd i send to you email.

Roberto.

Em 09/01/2012 18:59, Jed Thomet escreveu:

> Hello Roberto,
>
> I've been working on this for some time, but I have been unable to
> reproduce the issue you've reported. I've used your recreation on a
> variety of Linux distributions/versions, including CentOS 6.2 (
> glibc-2.12-1.47.el6 ) and CentOS 5.6 ( glibc-2.5-58.el5 ). All
> distributions and configurations that I've tested behave as expected.
> I've looked back over your screenshot that shows the incorrect ordering,
> and I noticed that the index is actually in the correct order -- it's
> just missing codes 2-29. Is it possible that these records have
> inadvertently been deleted?
>
> If none of these suggestions are helpful, then I'd look at the setup on
> the machines where you're seeing the issue: Are you copying the correct
> adscollate.adt and adscollate.adm files to the affected machines? It
> should not make a difference, but is the locale the same on each of the
> boxes? (You can see how the locale is configured via the "locale"
> command.) Also, do you see any errors in the Advantage Error Log that
> may indicate a problem? Finally, since you indicated that you've seen
> the issue in Centos 6.0, would it be possible to try testing with Centos
> 6.2? (It's possible that there was a problem with the underlying OS that
> was corrected in CentOS 6.2. (The fact that you have seen this with
> other distributions would suggest that it would be a problem with a libc
> version at or around 2.11 that was corrected in 2.12.))
> I hope some of these suggestions are helpful in identifying the cause of
> the issue. Please let me know if you have some new/additional
> information that may help reproduce the problem.
>
> Jed Thomet
> Advantage R&D
>
>> Sending ... look in your email
>>
>> Roberto.
>>
>> Em 21/12/2011 12:15, Jed Thomet escreveu:
>>
>>> Hello Roberto,
>>>
>>> Can you elaborate on what you mean by "the index were out of order"?
>>> What kind of table/index are you working with? Does the problem exist
>>> with the 9.10 version of xharbour? (Would you mind testing this to
>>> help narrow-down which version introduced the behavior?)
>>>
>>> Can you provide a small sample (compiled) xHarbor program/table that
>>> will demonstrate the problem (along with the source for the program)?
>>> If
>>> so, please send these items to advantage@sybase.com and put "attn:
>>> Jed"
>>> in the subject line.
>>> Jed Thomet
>>> Advantage R&D
>>>> Problem is still in version 10.10.0.28
>>>>
>>>> Roberto.
>>>>
>>>> Em 09/12/2011 21:54, Roberto escreveu:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi.
>>>>>
>>>>> I think I found the problem.
>>>>>
>>>>> The problem with indexes occurs only with the libc > 2.11
>>>>>
>>>>> Ex. Centos 6.0, Suse 12.x and Slackware 13.7.
>>>>>
>>>>> Em 02/12/2011 22:38, Roberto escreveu:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hello.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I used the aceapi 8.1 with xharbour and it worked perfectly. I
>>>>>> decided upgrade to aceapi 10.1 on centos 6.0. But the index were
>>>>>> out of order. I decided to get tested on centos 5.0 and the index
>>>>>> were in the correct order. What is wrong ??
>>>>>>
>>>>>> PS1. the adslocal.cfg is the same in both.
>>>>>> (ANSI_CHAR_SET=Engl(Amer) and OEM_CHAR_SET=USA)
>>>>>> PS2. in Debian 6.03 work perfectly.
>>>>>> PS3. in Centos 6.0,Suse 12.1 and Slackware 13.7 not work.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Roberto.
>>>>>>
>
>