Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Unexpected error

9 posts in PHP Last posting was on 2007-07-06 12:47:48.0Z
Brian Posted on 2007-07-03 19:32:05.0Z
From: "Brian" <brian_cowan@gentek.ca>
Newsgroups: advantage.PHP
Subject: Unexpected error
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 15:32:05 -0400
Lines: 23
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3138
NNTP-Posting-Host: 206.47.136.42
Message-ID: <468aa307@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 3 Jul 2007 13:27:03 -0700, 206.47.136.42
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!206.47.136.42
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.PHP:789
Article PK: 1135273

Help...

$rConn = ads_connect(
"DataDirectory=\\\\ptc1\\sys\\volume\\dev\\intranet\\db\\intranet.add;ServerTypes=6;DefaultType=FoxPro;Rows=False",
"adsro", "" );
$query2 = "SELECT * FROM tbl_desprod WHERE des_prod like '%$strProd%'";
$selTblDess = ads_do ( $rConn, $query2);

I get the following error:
Warning: SQL error: [Extended Systems][Advantage SQL][ASA] Error 7207:
Unexpected error from Advantage Server Agent. Check Advantage error log for
details., SQL state HY000 in SQLExecDirect in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 212
- Line 212 is the ads_do line.
- Looked at the error log and I can't find anything useful in there.

If I show the query, it look like this...
SELECT * FROM tbl_desprod WHERE des_prod like '%1438%'

Thanks,
Brian


Lance Schmidt Posted on 2007-07-03 19:49:31.0Z
From: "Lance Schmidt" <LanceSc@ExtendSys.com>
Newsgroups: advantage.PHP
References: <468aa307@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Unexpected error
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 13:49:31 -0600
Lines: 35
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.24.38.197
Message-ID: <468aa729@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 3 Jul 2007 13:44:41 -0700, 10.24.38.197
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.24.38.197
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.PHP:790
Article PK: 1135272

Hi Brian,

Please post your error logs for this.

Best Regards,

Lance Schmidt
Advantage R&D

"Brian" <brian_cowan@gentek.ca> wrote in message
news:468aa307@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> Help...
>
> $rConn = ads_connect(
> "DataDirectory=\\\\ptc1\\sys\\volume\\dev\\intranet\\db\\intranet.add;ServerTypes=6;DefaultType=FoxPro;Rows=False",
> "adsro", "" );
> $query2 = "SELECT * FROM tbl_desprod WHERE des_prod like '%$strProd%'";
> $selTblDess = ads_do ( $rConn, $query2);
>
> I get the following error:
> Warning: SQL error: [Extended Systems][Advantage SQL][ASA] Error 7207:
> Unexpected error from Advantage Server Agent. Check Advantage error log
> for details., SQL state HY000 in SQLExecDirect in
> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 212
> - Line 212 is the ads_do line.
> - Looked at the error log and I can't find anything useful in there.
>
> If I show the query, it look like this...
> SELECT * FROM tbl_desprod WHERE des_prod like '%1438%'
>
> Thanks,
> Brian
>


Brian Posted on 2007-07-04 17:44:46.0Z
From: "Brian" <brian_cowan@gentek.ca>
Newsgroups: advantage.PHP
References: <468aa307@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <468aa729@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Unexpected error
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 13:44:46 -0400
Lines: 15555
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 206.47.136.42
Message-ID: <468bdb7b@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 4 Jul 2007 11:40:11 -0700, 206.47.136.42
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!206.47.136.42
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.PHP:791
Article PK: 1135279


"Lance Schmidt" <LanceSc@ExtendSys.com> wrote in message
news:468aa729@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> Hi Brian,
>
> Please post your error logs for this.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Lance Schmidt
> Advantage R&D
>
> "Brian" <brian_cowan@gentek.ca> wrote in message
> news:468aa307@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>> Help...
>>
>> $rConn = ads_connect(
>> "DataDirectory=\\\\ptc1\\sys\\volume\\dev\\intranet\\db\\intranet.add;ServerTypes=6;DefaultType=FoxPro;Rows=False",
>> "adsro", "" );
>> $query2 = "SELECT * FROM tbl_desprod WHERE des_prod like '%$strProd%'";
>> $selTblDess = ads_do ( $rConn, $query2);
>>
>> I get the following error:
>> Warning: SQL error: [Extended Systems][Advantage SQL][ASA] Error 7207:
>> Unexpected error from Advantage Server Agent. Check Advantage error log
>> for details., SQL state HY000 in SQLExecDirect in
>> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 212
>> - Line 212 is the ads_do line.
>> - Looked at the error log and I can't find anything useful in there.
>>
>> If I show the query, it look like this...
>> SELECT * FROM tbl_desprod WHERE des_prod like '%1438%'
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian
>>
>
>


Frank Leverenz Posted on 2007-07-05 11:50:26.0Z
From: "Frank Leverenz" <Frank.Leverenz@micodat.NOSPAM.com>
Newsgroups: advantage.PHP
References: <468aa307@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Unexpected error
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 13:50:26 +0200
Lines: 33
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 87.139.112.254
Message-ID: <468cd9e0@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 5 Jul 2007 05:45:36 -0700, 87.139.112.254
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!87.139.112.254
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.PHP:792
Article PK: 1135275

Hi Brian

are you shure that you get a valid connection?


check:
$dbserver="DataDirectory=\\\\ptc1\\sys\\volume\\dev\\intranet\\db\\intranet.add;ServerTypes=6;DefaultType=FoxPro;Rows=False";
$User = "adsro";
$rConn = ads_connect($dbserver,$User,"" );
if ( ! is_resource($rConn)) exit ("Error connecting to Database $dbserver
(User=$User)") ;


take a look at your ads_err.dbf before your 7207 error:


Error 7040: File creat...sers have the file open.


It seems that your server can't open a (temporary) file!



Ciao

Frank


Brian Posted on 2007-07-05 14:23:53.0Z
From: "Brian" <brian_cowan@gentek.ca>
Newsgroups: advantage.PHP
References: <468aa307@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <468cd9e0@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Unexpected error
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 10:23:53 -0400
Lines: 58
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 206.47.136.42
Message-ID: <468cfdd6@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 5 Jul 2007 08:19:02 -0700, 206.47.136.42
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!206.47.136.42
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.PHP:793
Article PK: 1135276

Frank,

Here is what I have for the connection...

rConn = Resource id #15
rConnOpi = Resource id #11

Warning: SQL error: [Extended Systems][Advantage SQL][ASA] Error 7207:
Unexpected error from Advantage Server Agent. Check Advantage error log for
details., SQL state HY000 in SQLExecDirect in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 215
Res
SELECT * FROM tbl_desprod WHERE des_prod like '%1692%'
Warning: ads_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid Advantage result
resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 217

Warning: ads_result(): supplied argument is not a valid Advantage result
resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 218

Brian

"Frank Leverenz" <Frank.Leverenz@micodat.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:468cd9e0@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> Hi Brian
>
> are you shure that you get a valid connection?
>
>
> check:
> $dbserver="DataDirectory=\\\\ptc1\\sys\\volume\\dev\\intranet\\db\\intranet.add;ServerTypes=6;DefaultType=FoxPro;Rows=False";
> $User = "adsro";
> $rConn = ads_connect($dbserver,$User,"" );
> if ( ! is_resource($rConn)) exit ("Error connecting to Database $dbserver
> (User=$User)") ;
>
>
> take a look at your ads_err.dbf before your 7207 error:
>
>
> Error 7040: File creat...sers have the file open.
>
>
> It seems that your server can't open a (temporary) file!
>
>
>
> Ciao
>
> Frank
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


Edgar Sherman Posted on 2007-07-05 19:43:23.0Z
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 13:43:23 -0600
From: Edgar Sherman <no@email.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 (Windows/20070604)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: advantage.PHP
Subject: Re: Unexpected error
References: <468aa307@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <468cd9e0@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <468cfdd6@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
In-Reply-To: <468cfdd6@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.24.34.112
Message-ID: <468d48bb@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 5 Jul 2007 13:38:35 -0700, 10.24.34.112
Lines: 65
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.24.34.112
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.PHP:794
Article PK: 1135277

Does this directory exist?

sys:volume\dev\intranet\db\db\temp

Edgar

Brian wrote:
> Frank,
>
> Here is what I have for the connection...
>
> rConn = Resource id #15
> rConnOpi = Resource id #11
>
> Warning: SQL error: [Extended Systems][Advantage SQL][ASA] Error 7207:
> Unexpected error from Advantage Server Agent. Check Advantage error log for
> details., SQL state HY000 in SQLExecDirect in
> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 215
> Res
> SELECT * FROM tbl_desprod WHERE des_prod like '%1692%'
> Warning: ads_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid Advantage result
> resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 217
>
> Warning: ads_result(): supplied argument is not a valid Advantage result
> resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 218
>
> Brian
>
> "Frank Leverenz" <Frank.Leverenz@micodat.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> news:468cd9e0@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>> Hi Brian
>>
>> are you shure that you get a valid connection?
>>
>>
>> check:
>> $dbserver="DataDirectory=\\\\ptc1\\sys\\volume\\dev\\intranet\\db\\intranet.add;ServerTypes=6;DefaultType=FoxPro;Rows=False";
>> $User = "adsro";
>> $rConn = ads_connect($dbserver,$User,"" );
>> if ( ! is_resource($rConn)) exit ("Error connecting to Database $dbserver
>> (User=$User)") ;
>>
>>
>> take a look at your ads_err.dbf before your 7207 error:
>>
>>
>> Error 7040: File creat...sers have the file open.
>>
>>
>> It seems that your server can't open a (temporary) file!
>>
>>
>>
>> Ciao
>>
>> Frank
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>


Brian Posted on 2007-07-05 19:47:04.0Z
From: "Brian" <brian_cowan@gentek.ca>
Newsgroups: advantage.PHP
References: <468aa307@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <468cd9e0@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <468cfdd6@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <468d48bb@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Unexpected error
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:47:04 -0400
Lines: 73
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3138
NNTP-Posting-Host: 206.47.136.42
Message-ID: <468d4992@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 5 Jul 2007 13:42:10 -0700, 206.47.136.42
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!206.47.136.42
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.PHP:795
Article PK: 1135278

Edgar,

No it does not.

Brian

"Edgar Sherman" <no@email.com> wrote in message
news:468d48bb@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> Does this directory exist?
>
> sys:volume\dev\intranet\db\db\temp
>
> Edgar
>
> Brian wrote:
>> Frank,
>>
>> Here is what I have for the connection...
>>
>> rConn = Resource id #15
>> rConnOpi = Resource id #11
>>
>> Warning: SQL error: [Extended Systems][Advantage SQL][ASA] Error 7207:
>> Unexpected error from Advantage Server Agent. Check Advantage error log
>> for details., SQL state HY000 in SQLExecDirect in
>> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 215
>> Res
>> SELECT * FROM tbl_desprod WHERE des_prod like '%1692%'
>> Warning: ads_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid Advantage
>> result resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 217
>>
>> Warning: ads_result(): supplied argument is not a valid Advantage result
>> resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 218
>>
>> Brian
>>
>> "Frank Leverenz" <Frank.Leverenz@micodat.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> news:468cd9e0@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>>> Hi Brian
>>>
>>> are you shure that you get a valid connection?
>>>
>>>
>>> check:
>>> $dbserver="DataDirectory=\\\\ptc1\\sys\\volume\\dev\\intranet\\db\\intranet.add;ServerTypes=6;DefaultType=FoxPro;Rows=False";
>>> $User = "adsro";
>>> $rConn = ads_connect($dbserver,$User,"" );
>>> if ( ! is_resource($rConn)) exit ("Error connecting to Database
>>> $dbserver (User=$User)") ;
>>>
>>>
>>> take a look at your ads_err.dbf before your 7207 error:
>>>
>>>
>>> Error 7040: File creat...sers have the file open.
>>>
>>>
>>> It seems that your server can't open a (temporary) file!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Ciao
>>>
>>> Frank
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>


Edgar Sherman Posted on 2007-07-05 20:06:59.0Z
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 14:06:59 -0600
From: Edgar Sherman <no@email.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 (Windows/20070604)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: advantage.PHP
Subject: Re: Unexpected error
References: <468aa307@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <468cd9e0@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <468cfdd6@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <468d48bb@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <468d4992@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
In-Reply-To: <468d4992@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.24.34.112
Message-ID: <468d4e43@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 5 Jul 2007 14:02:11 -0700, 10.24.34.112
Lines: 86
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.24.34.112
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.PHP:796
Article PK: 1135280

You will need to create the directory. The DataDictionary has a
"location" defined for temporary files that differs from the location of
the Data Dictionary. Since you are executing an SQL Statement that
requires the use of a temporary file it will try to create the file in
the directory specified by the Dictionary.

To check the directory specified open ARC (I think in your case version
7.x). Connect to the Data Dictionary and click on the Data Dictionary
Name in Advantage Database Manager screen. This will show you the paths
for the database, default, and temp directories.

Edgar Sherman

Brian wrote:
> Edgar,
>
> No it does not.
>
> Brian
>
> "Edgar Sherman" <no@email.com> wrote in message
> news:468d48bb@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>> Does this directory exist?
>>
>> sys:volume\dev\intranet\db\db\temp
>>
>> Edgar
>>
>> Brian wrote:
>>> Frank,
>>>
>>> Here is what I have for the connection...
>>>
>>> rConn = Resource id #15
>>> rConnOpi = Resource id #11
>>>
>>> Warning: SQL error: [Extended Systems][Advantage SQL][ASA] Error 7207:
>>> Unexpected error from Advantage Server Agent. Check Advantage error log
>>> for details., SQL state HY000 in SQLExecDirect in
>>> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 215
>>> Res
>>> SELECT * FROM tbl_desprod WHERE des_prod like '%1692%'
>>> Warning: ads_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid Advantage
>>> result resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 217
>>>
>>> Warning: ads_result(): supplied argument is not a valid Advantage result
>>> resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 218
>>>
>>> Brian
>>>
>>> "Frank Leverenz" <Frank.Leverenz@micodat.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>>> news:468cd9e0@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>>>> Hi Brian
>>>>
>>>> are you shure that you get a valid connection?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> check:
>>>> $dbserver="DataDirectory=\\\\ptc1\\sys\\volume\\dev\\intranet\\db\\intranet.add;ServerTypes=6;DefaultType=FoxPro;Rows=False";
>>>> $User = "adsro";
>>>> $rConn = ads_connect($dbserver,$User,"" );
>>>> if ( ! is_resource($rConn)) exit ("Error connecting to Database
>>>> $dbserver (User=$User)") ;
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> take a look at your ads_err.dbf before your 7207 error:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Error 7040: File creat...sers have the file open.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> It seems that your server can't open a (temporary) file!
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Ciao
>>>>
>>>> Frank
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>


Brian Posted on 2007-07-06 12:47:48.0Z
From: "Brian" <brian_cowan@gentek.ca>
Newsgroups: advantage.PHP
References: <468aa307@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <468cd9e0@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <468cfdd6@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <468d48bb@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <468d4992@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <468d4e43@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Unexpected error
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 08:47:48 -0400
Lines: 93
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3138
NNTP-Posting-Host: 206.47.136.42
Message-ID: <468e38ce@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 6 Jul 2007 06:42:54 -0700, 206.47.136.42
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!206.47.136.42
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.PHP:797
Article PK: 1135281

That did it... thanks for your help.

"Edgar Sherman" <no@email.com> wrote in message
news:468d4e43@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> You will need to create the directory. The DataDictionary has a
> "location" defined for temporary files that differs from the location of
> the Data Dictionary. Since you are executing an SQL Statement that
> requires the use of a temporary file it will try to create the file in the
> directory specified by the Dictionary.
>
> To check the directory specified open ARC (I think in your case version
> 7.x). Connect to the Data Dictionary and click on the Data Dictionary Name
> in Advantage Database Manager screen. This will show you the paths for
> the database, default, and temp directories.
>
> Edgar Sherman
>
> Brian wrote:
>> Edgar,
>>
>> No it does not.
>>
>> Brian
>>
>> "Edgar Sherman" <no@email.com> wrote in message
>> news:468d48bb@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>>> Does this directory exist?
>>>
>>> sys:volume\dev\intranet\db\db\temp
>>>
>>> Edgar
>>>
>>> Brian wrote:
>>>> Frank,
>>>>
>>>> Here is what I have for the connection...
>>>>
>>>> rConn = Resource id #15
>>>> rConnOpi = Resource id #11
>>>>
>>>> Warning: SQL error: [Extended Systems][Advantage SQL][ASA] Error 7207:
>>>> Unexpected error from Advantage Server Agent. Check Advantage error log
>>>> for details., SQL state HY000 in SQLExecDirect in
>>>> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 215
>>>> Res
>>>> SELECT * FROM tbl_desprod WHERE des_prod like '%1692%'
>>>> Warning: ads_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid Advantage
>>>> result resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 217
>>>>
>>>> Warning: ads_result(): supplied argument is not a valid Advantage
>>>> result resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dev\bom.html on line 218
>>>>
>>>> Brian
>>>>
>>>> "Frank Leverenz" <Frank.Leverenz@micodat.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:468cd9e0@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>>>>> Hi Brian
>>>>>
>>>>> are you shure that you get a valid connection?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> check:
>>>>> $dbserver="DataDirectory=\\\\ptc1\\sys\\volume\\dev\\intranet\\db\\intranet.add;ServerTypes=6;DefaultType=FoxPro;Rows=False";
>>>>> $User = "adsro";
>>>>> $rConn = ads_connect($dbserver,$User,"" );
>>>>> if ( ! is_resource($rConn)) exit ("Error connecting to Database
>>>>> $dbserver (User=$User)") ;
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> take a look at your ads_err.dbf before your 7207 error:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Error 7040: File creat...sers have the file open.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> It seems that your server can't open a (temporary) file!
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Ciao
>>>>>
>>>>> Frank
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>