Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Assistance with 8.0 AIS

5 posts in Internet Server Last posting was on 2007-01-19 14:34:50.0Z
Kevin Stevens Posted on 2007-01-13 20:25:04.0Z
Reply-To: "Kevin Stevens" <kms4180@bartnet.net>
From: "Kevin Stevens" <kms4180@bartnet.net>
Newsgroups: advantage.internet_server
Subject: Assistance with 8.0 AIS
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 14:25:04 -0600
Lines: 16
Organization: Kreative Software Solutions & Systems Inc
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3028
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3028
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: 24.116.7.37
Message-ID: <45a93f17@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 13 Jan 2007 13:20:39 -0700, 24.116.7.37
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!24.116.7.37
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Internet_Server:705
Article PK: 1120967

I have several applications that were developed for ADS 6.2. Of which many
use the AIS. I'm currently testing the apps to migrate to ADS8.1 but I can
not connect to AIS with the client application. Is there a licensing
requirement for ADS 8.1?

I thought I saw something on the reseller price sheets.

Any assistance would be appreciated.


--
Kevin Stevens
kms4180@cableone.net
Kreative Software Solutions & Systems Inc.


Joachim Duerr (ADS) Posted on 2007-01-15 09:28:37.0Z
From: "Joachim Duerr (ADS)" <jojo.duerr@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: Assistance with 8.0 AIS
Newsgroups: Advantage.Internet_Server
References: <45a93f17@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Organization: iAnywhere
User-Agent: XanaNews/1.18.1.2
X-Face: ,QMv7[luB)BpWAQ~:"kw6n%0ieY63.:g2K3n~8ky0;||5Xle*Xq+=~<Fy:0CVC2nx@8~vZ
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
NNTP-Posting-Host: 130.214.79.11
Message-ID: <45ab4945@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Date: 15 Jan 2007 02:28:37 -0700
X-Trace: 15 Jan 2007 02:28:37 -0700, 130.214.79.11
Lines: 19
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!130.214.79.11
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Internet_Server:708
Article PK: 1120970


Kevin Stevens wrote in <45a93f17@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>:

> I have several applications that were developed for ADS 6.2. Of
> which many use the AIS. I'm currently testing the apps to migrate to
> ADS8.1 but I can not connect to AIS with the client application. Is
> there a licensing requirement for ADS 8.1?

AIS is not a separate license.

> I thought I saw something on the reseller price sheets.

you surely mean the Advantage Internet Connector (AIC), which is for
usage on a webserver/middleware.

--
Joachim Duerr
Senior Product Support Analyst (Advantage Database Server)
iAnywhere Solutions / Extended Systems
advantage[AT]extendsys.de


Kevin Stevens Posted on 2007-01-15 14:08:54.0Z
Reply-To: "Kevin Stevens" <kms4180@bartnet.net>
From: "Kevin Stevens" <kms4180@bartnet.net>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Internet_Server
References: <45a93f17@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <45ab4945@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Assistance with 8.0 AIS
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 08:08:54 -0600
Lines: 41
Organization: Kreative Software Solutions & Systems Inc
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3028
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3028
NNTP-Posting-Host: 24.116.7.37
Message-ID: <45ab89ea@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 15 Jan 2007 07:04:26 -0700, 24.116.7.37
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!24.116.7.37
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Internet_Server:709
Article PK: 1120971

Joachim,

That may be. I have one particular application that uses some ISAPI
libraries with a Falcon Web server that is installed on the same server that
the ADS is installed on. The users of the system use the ISAPI applications
via a web browser to retrieve data from the system.

There are several distance clients that use a traditional Win32 application
to communicate to the system using the Internet server type. I'm getting
errors with both methods of communication for the applications. Do I need
the AIC so that the applications continue to work as they did in 6.0?
Thanks

--
Kevin Stevens
Kreative Software Solutions & Systems Inc.

"Joachim Duerr (ADS)" <jojo.duerr@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:45ab4945@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> Kevin Stevens wrote in <45a93f17@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>:
>
>> I have several applications that were developed for ADS 6.2. Of
>> which many use the AIS. I'm currently testing the apps to migrate to
>> ADS8.1 but I can not connect to AIS with the client application. Is
>> there a licensing requirement for ADS 8.1?
>
> AIS is not a separate license.
>
>> I thought I saw something on the reseller price sheets.
>
> you surely mean the Advantage Internet Connector (AIC), which is for
> usage on a webserver/middleware.
>
> --
> Joachim Duerr
> Senior Product Support Analyst (Advantage Database Server)
> iAnywhere Solutions / Extended Systems
> advantage[AT]extendsys.de


Joachim Duerr (ADS) Posted on 2007-01-19 10:37:33.0Z
From: "Joachim Duerr (ADS)" <jojo.duerr@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: Assistance with 8.0 AIS
Newsgroups: Advantage.Internet_Server
References: <45a93f17@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <45ab4945@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <45ab89ea@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Organization: iAnywhere
User-Agent: XanaNews/1.18.1.2
X-Face: ,QMv7[luB)BpWAQ~:"kw6n%0ieY63.:g2K3n~8ky0;||5Xle*Xq+=~<Fy:0CVC2nx@8~vZ
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
NNTP-Posting-Host: 130.214.79.11
Message-ID: <45b09f6d@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2007 03:37:33 -0700
X-Trace: 19 Jan 2007 03:37:33 -0700, 130.214.79.11
Lines: 23
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!130.214.79.11
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Internet_Server:712
Article PK: 1120973


Kevin Stevens wrote in <45ab89ea@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>:

> That may be. I have one particular application that uses some ISAPI
> libraries with a Falcon Web server that is installed on the same
> server that the ADS is installed on. The users of the system use the
> ISAPI applications via a web browser to retrieve data from the system.
>
> There are several distance clients that use a traditional Win32
> application to communicate to the system using the Internet server
> type. I'm getting errors with both methods of communication for the
> applications. Do I need the AIC so that the applications continue to
> work as they did in 6.0?

AIC is just a piece of paper and has nothing to do with the
communication itself.
Which errors do you get? It might be an issue with the
port/network/router/firewall configuration.

--
Joachim Duerr
Senior Product Support Analyst (Advantage Database Server)
iAnywhere Solutions / Extended Systems
advantage[AT]extendsys.de


Kevin Stevens Posted on 2007-01-19 14:34:50.0Z
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 08:34:50 -0600
From: Kevin Stevens <kms4180@cableone.net>
Reply-To: kms4180@cableone.net
Organization: Kreative Sof. Sol. & Sys. Inc.
User-Agent: Thunderbird 1.5.0.8 (Windows/20061025)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: Advantage.Internet_Server
Subject: Re: Assistance with 8.0 AIS
References: <45a93f17@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <45ab4945@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <45ab89ea@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <45b09f6d@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
In-Reply-To: <45b09f6d@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 68.99.72.186
Message-ID: <45b0d607@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 19 Jan 2007 07:30:31 -0700, 68.99.72.186
Lines: 25
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!68.99.72.186
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Internet_Server:713
Article PK: 1120975


Joachim Duerr (ADS) wrote:
> Kevin Stevens wrote in <45ab89ea@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>:
>
>> That may be. I have one particular application that uses some ISAPI
>> libraries with a Falcon Web server that is installed on the same
>> server that the ADS is installed on. The users of the system use the
>> ISAPI applications via a web browser to retrieve data from the system.
>>
>> There are several distance clients that use a traditional Win32
>> application to communicate to the system using the Internet server
>> type. I'm getting errors with both methods of communication for the
>> applications. Do I need the AIC so that the applications continue to
>> work as they did in 6.0?
>
> AIC is just a piece of paper and has nothing to do with the
> communication itself.
> Which errors do you get? It might be an issue with the
> port/network/router/firewall configuration.
>

Joachim,

I found the problem, I was missing the ADS.INI file in the root of the
web server. That seems to solved the problem.

Kevin