Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

6313

4 posts in Internet Server Last posting was on 2006-09-18 14:33:31.0Z
Howard Posted on 2006-09-12 15:32:43.0Z
From: "Howard" <howard@theramanager.com>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Internet_Server
Subject: 6313
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:32:43 -0400
Lines: 5643
Organization: TheraManager
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2962
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: 71.127.225.129
Message-ID: <4506d237@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 12 Sep 2006 09:28:55 -0700, 71.127.225.129
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!71.127.225.129
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Internet_Server:670
Article PK: 1120935

Some of our customers and I have been getting 6313 general communications
failures. This happens fairly consistently when there is no interaction
with the data set for more than a few minutes. Is there an ADS setting or
any other setting that would affect the connectivity persistence (or lack
thereof?)?

ScreenShot001.jpg

Jeremy Mullin Posted on 2006-09-13 22:27:23.0Z
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:27:23 +0000 (UTC)
Message-ID: <886edc1519c188c8a568a04c618e@devzone.advantagedatabase.com>
From: Jeremy Mullin <no@email.com>
Subject: Re: 6313
Newsgroups: Advantage.Internet_Server
References: <4506d237@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed
X-Newsreader: JetBrains Omea Reader 928.2
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.24.38.116
X-Trace: 13 Sep 2006 16:23:27 -0700, 10.24.38.116
Lines: 17
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.24.38.116
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Internet_Server:671
Article PK: 1120932

You may need to increase the keepalive timeout to increase the frequency
of the keepalive packets the client sends the server.

Are there routers between the client and server? Perhaps the routers are
not forwarding the ads client keepalive packets.

J.D. Mullin
Advantage R&D

> Some of our customers and I have been getting 6313 general
> communications failures. This happens fairly consistently when there
> is no interaction with the data set for more than a few minutes. Is
> there an ADS setting or any other setting that would affect the
> connectivity persistence (or lack thereof?)?
>


Howard Posted on 2006-09-16 20:13:46.0Z
From: "Howard" <howard@theramanager.com>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Internet_Server
References: <4506d237@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <886edc1519c188c8a568a04c618e@devzone.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: 6313
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 16:13:46 -0400
Lines: 28
Organization: TheraManager
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2962
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 71.127.231.81
Message-ID: <450c5a0d@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 16 Sep 2006 14:09:49 -0700, 71.127.231.81
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!71.127.231.81
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Internet_Server:674
Article PK: 1120937

Are there Advantage settings to keep the database connection alive for a
certain length of time OR to not disconnect even if no keep alive packets
have been sent? adslocal.cfg, ADS_Cfg, ads.ini, elsewhere? It is perhaps
only or at least overwhelmingly found with internet or VPN style
connections.

Thanks.

"Jeremy Mullin" <no@email.com> wrote in message
news:886edc1519c188c8a568a04c618e@devzone.advantagedatabase.com...
> You may need to increase the keepalive timeout to increase the frequency
> of the keepalive packets the client sends the server.
> Are there routers between the client and server? Perhaps the routers are
> not forwarding the ads client keepalive packets.
>
> J.D. Mullin
> Advantage R&D
>
>> Some of our customers and I have been getting 6313 general
>> communications failures. This happens fairly consistently when there
>> is no interaction with the data set for more than a few minutes. Is
>> there an ADS setting or any other setting that would affect the
>> connectivity persistence (or lack thereof?)?
>>
>
>


Jeremy Mullin Posted on 2006-09-18 14:33:31.0Z
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:33:31 +0000 (UTC)
Message-ID: <886edc1519f5e8c8a91441a9937e@devzone.advantagedatabase.com>
From: Jeremy Mullin <no@email.com>
Subject: Re: 6313
Newsgroups: Advantage.Internet_Server
References: <450c5a0d@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed
X-Newsreader: JetBrains Omea Reader 928.2
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.24.38.116
X-Trace: 18 Sep 2006 08:29:34 -0700, 10.24.38.116
Lines: 34
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.24.38.116
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Internet_Server:676
Article PK: 1120938

In the server communications configuration section there is a client timeout
setting. The help file explains how this affects the frequency of the keepalive
packets that are sent from the client.

J.D. Mullin
Advantage R&D

> Are there Advantage settings to keep the database connection alive for
> a certain length of time OR to not disconnect even if no keep alive
> packets have been sent? adslocal.cfg, ADS_Cfg, ads.ini, elsewhere?
> It is perhaps only or at least overwhelmingly found with internet or
> VPN style connections.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Jeremy Mullin" <no@email.com> wrote in message
> news:886edc1519c188c8a568a04c618e@devzone.advantagedatabase.com...
>
>> You may need to increase the keepalive timeout to increase the
>> frequency
>> of the keepalive packets the client sends the server.
>> Are there routers between the client and server? Perhaps the routers
>> are
>> not forwarding the ads client keepalive packets.
>> J.D. Mullin
>> Advantage R&D
>>> Some of our customers and I have been getting 6313 general
>>> communications failures. This happens fairly consistently when
>>> there is no interaction with the data set for more than a few
>>> minutes. Is there an ADS setting or any other setting that would
>>> affect the connectivity persistence (or lack thereof?)?
>>>