Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Error ADS/6425 Open Error

7 posts in Internet Server Last posting was on 2006-09-06 20:28:27.0Z
J.R.M. Posted on 2003-10-15 11:51:48.0Z
From: "J.R.M." <jrm@cdisur.com>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Internet_Server
Subject: Error ADS/6425 Open Error
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:51:48 +0200
Lines: 16
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
NNTP-Posting-Host: 80.32.177.143
Message-ID: <3f8d3580@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 15 Oct 2003 05:54:40 -0700, 80.32.177.143
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!80.32.177.143
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Internet_Server:520
Article PK: 1120783

Hi :
I have ADS/AIS v6.1 , FWH 2.3 and Harbour.
My harbour app opens a DBF on an AIS server. The action reported this error
: ADS/6425 ( an ads data dictionary connection is required for internet
connections )
Harbour hasn't functions to connect with an ads data dictionary.
Function AdsConnect60 don't works and I don't know if I need some external
library for available connection....
How can I send login user and password??
I used file type ntx and 'ax_' functions don't work.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks a lot


Lee Stigile Posted on 2003-10-15 15:02:06.0Z
From: "Lee Stigile" <Advantage@extendsys.com>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Internet_Server
References: <3f8d3580@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Error ADS/6425 Open Error
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:02:06 -0600
Lines: 32
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: 204.134.216.213
Message-ID: <3f8d613b@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 15 Oct 2003 09:01:15 -0700, 204.134.216.213
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!204.134.216.213
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Internet_Server:521
Article PK: 1120784

Did you set up your AIS.INI file with the INTERNET_IP and INTERNET_PORT.
If so, this could cause the error. Instead, use LAN_IP and LAN_PORT.
You'll need to check the configuration on the ADS Server for the correct
LAN_PORT. Note: if you connect without the dictionary, the data will not be
encrypted over the wire.

Lee Stigile
Advantage Support

"J.R.M." <jrm@cdisur.com> wrote in message
news:3f8d3580@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> Hi :
> I have ADS/AIS v6.1 , FWH 2.3 and Harbour.
> My harbour app opens a DBF on an AIS server. The action reported this
error
> : ADS/6425 ( an ads data dictionary connection is required for internet
> connections )
> Harbour hasn't functions to connect with an ads data dictionary.
> Function AdsConnect60 don't works and I don't know if I need some external
> library for available connection....
> How can I send login user and password??
> I used file type ntx and 'ax_' functions don't work.
>
> Anybody can help me?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
>


J.R.M. Posted on 2003-10-15 16:16:17.0Z
From: "J.R.M." <jrm@cdisur.com>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Internet_Server
References: <3f8d3580@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <3f8d613b@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Error ADS/6425 Open Error
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:16:17 +0200
Lines: 74
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
NNTP-Posting-Host: 80.32.177.143
Message-ID: <3f8d7363@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 15 Oct 2003 10:18:43 -0700, 80.32.177.143
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!80.32.177.143
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Internet_Server:522
Article PK: 1120785

Hi again :

I'll tray to choose INTERNET_IP for LAN_IP and INTERNET_PORT for LAN_POR,
but don't works.
This is my ais.ini file :
____________________________________________________________________________
__
[SETTINGS]
DEFAULT_PROTOCOL=2
ADS_SERVER_TYPE=7

[COMMUNICATION]
COM_TYPE=AIS

[DRIVES]
G:=\\AIS\C

[MYSERVER]
ADD=\\AIS\C\GESTION\GESH\DEFAULT.ADD
SEC1=DEMO
SEC2=ADSSYS
LAN_IP=180.22.203.189
LAN_PORT=2001
___________________________________________________________________________

Port configuration it's ok and ip config too.
Any Ads documentation files I have been reading have wrong or contradictory
information.
Thanks for you help, Lee

P.S: Sorry, my english is very bad

J.R.M.

Córdoba ( España )

"Lee Stigile" <Advantage@extendsys.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:3f8d613b@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...

> Did you set up your AIS.INI file with the INTERNET_IP and INTERNET_PORT.
> If so, this could cause the error. Instead, use LAN_IP and LAN_PORT.
> You'll need to check the configuration on the ADS Server for the correct
> LAN_PORT. Note: if you connect without the dictionary, the data will not
be
> encrypted over the wire.
>
> Lee Stigile
> Advantage Support
>
>
>
> "J.R.M." <jrm@cdisur.com> wrote in message
> news:3f8d3580@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> > Hi :
> > I have ADS/AIS v6.1 , FWH 2.3 and Harbour.
> > My harbour app opens a DBF on an AIS server. The action reported this
> error
> > : ADS/6425 ( an ads data dictionary connection is required for internet
> > connections )
> > Harbour hasn't functions to connect with an ads data dictionary.
> > Function AdsConnect60 don't works and I don't know if I need some
external
> > library for available connection....
> > How can I send login user and password??
> > I used file type ntx and 'ax_' functions don't work.
> >
> > Anybody can help me?
> >
> > Thanks a lot
> >
> >
>
>


Lee Stigile Posted on 2003-10-17 13:36:34.0Z
From: "Lee Stigile" <Advantage@extendsys.com>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Internet_Server
References: <3f8d3580@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <3f8d613b@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <3f8d7363@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Error ADS/6425 Open Error
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 07:36:34 -0600
Lines: 110
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: 204.134.216.213
Message-ID: <3f8ff02f@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 17 Oct 2003 07:35:43 -0700, 204.134.216.213
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!204.134.216.213
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Internet_Server:523
Article PK: 1120786

Try changing the COM_TYPE to remote:
example:
[COMMUNICATION]
COM_TYPE=REMOTE

There may be some confusion regarding INI files. For version 5.7 of ADS,
the AIS.INI file was used to connect to the Advantage Internet Server. The
Advantage Internet Server for 5.7 was a stand-alone product. With 6.1 and
newer, the Advantage Internet Server functionality was included in the
database server and the configuration is stored in the ADS.INI (not
AIS.INI).

If you are connecting to a 6.1 server and if encryption is not required, put
the following entry in your ADS.INI file:
[MYSERVER] <---substitute your actual server name here.
LAN_IP=180.22.203.189
LAN_PORT=2001
This will allow you to connect to a server outside of your local subnet.

Regards,
Lee Stigile
Advantage Support

"J.R.M." <jrm@cdisur.com> wrote in message
news:3f8d7363@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> Hi again :
>
> I'll tray to choose INTERNET_IP for LAN_IP and INTERNET_PORT for LAN_POR,
> but don't works.
> This is my ais.ini file :
>
____________________________________________________________________________
> __
> [SETTINGS]
> DEFAULT_PROTOCOL=2
> ADS_SERVER_TYPE=7
>
> [COMMUNICATION]
> COM_TYPE=AIS
>
> [DRIVES]
> G:=\\AIS\C
>
> [MYSERVER]
> ADD=\\AIS\C\GESTION\GESH\DEFAULT.ADD
> SEC1=DEMO
> SEC2=ADSSYS
> LAN_IP=180.22.203.189
> LAN_PORT=2001
>
___________________________________________________________________________
>
> Port configuration it's ok and ip config too.
> Any Ads documentation files I have been reading have wrong or
contradictory
> information.
> Thanks for you help, Lee
>
> P.S: Sorry, my english is very bad
>
> J.R.M.
>
> Córdoba ( España )
>
> "Lee Stigile" <Advantage@extendsys.com> escribió en el mensaje
> news:3f8d613b@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> > Did you set up your AIS.INI file with the INTERNET_IP and INTERNET_PORT.
> > If so, this could cause the error. Instead, use LAN_IP and LAN_PORT.
> > You'll need to check the configuration on the ADS Server for the correct
> > LAN_PORT. Note: if you connect without the dictionary, the data will
not
> be
> > encrypted over the wire.
> >
> > Lee Stigile
> > Advantage Support
> >
> >
> >
> > "J.R.M." <jrm@cdisur.com> wrote in message
> > news:3f8d3580@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> > > Hi :
> > > I have ADS/AIS v6.1 , FWH 2.3 and Harbour.
> > > My harbour app opens a DBF on an AIS server. The action reported this
> > error
> > > : ADS/6425 ( an ads data dictionary connection is required for
internet
> > > connections )
> > > Harbour hasn't functions to connect with an ads data dictionary.
> > > Function AdsConnect60 don't works and I don't know if I need some
> external
> > > library for available connection....
> > > How can I send login user and password??
> > > I used file type ntx and 'ax_' functions don't work.
> > >
> > > Anybody can help me?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


Sandeep Rao R Posted on 2003-10-18 04:22:44.0Z
From: "Sandeep Rao R" <sandeeprao@vsnl.net>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Internet_Server
References: <3f8d3580@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Error ADS/6425 Open Error
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 09:52:44 +0530
Lines: 38
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: 61.1.218.243
Message-ID: <3f90c019@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 17 Oct 2003 22:22:49 -0700, 61.1.218.243
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!61.1.218.243
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Internet_Server:524
Article PK: 1120787

ADSConnect60 works with xHarbour.

All you have to do is re build RDDADS.LIB with comments removed for ver 6.12
and abouve in
adsfuncs.c and then compile.

If you need the compiled lib I can mail you.

Regards
Sandeep


--
Sandeep R Rao
<Datapark IBS India Pvt Ltd>
<sandeeprao at vsnl dot net>

"J.R.M." <jrm@cdisur.com> wrote in message
news:3f8d3580@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> Hi :
> I have ADS/AIS v6.1 , FWH 2.3 and Harbour.
> My harbour app opens a DBF on an AIS server. The action reported this
error
> : ADS/6425 ( an ads data dictionary connection is required for internet
> connections )
> Harbour hasn't functions to connect with an ads data dictionary.
> Function AdsConnect60 don't works and I don't know if I need some external
> library for available connection....
> How can I send login user and password??
> I used file type ntx and 'ax_' functions don't work.
>
> Anybody can help me?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
>


Rogerio Posted on 2006-09-06 20:28:27.0Z
From: "Rogerio" <rogerio_sobreira@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Internet_Server
References: <3f8d3580@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <3f90c019@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Error ADS/6425 Open Error
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 17:28:27 -0300
Lines: 58
Organization: .
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
NNTP-Posting-Host: 200.243.113.130
Message-ID: <44ff2e87@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 6 Sep 2006 14:24:39 -0700, 200.243.113.130
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!200.243.113.130
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Internet_Server:669
Article PK: 1120931

Dear Sandeed,

I am with the same problem with ADSCONNECT60 in harbour. The RDDADS.LIB
that i have does not include this function. I search the adsfunc.c in the
source code (harbour 0.99.60) but not found.

Can you send to me the RDDADS.LIB with this function (ADSCONNECT60) ?

Thanks,

Rogério Sobreira.


"Sandeep Rao R" <sandeeprao@vsnl.net> escreveu na mensagem
news:3f90c019@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...

> ADSConnect60 works with xHarbour.
>
> All you have to do is re build RDDADS.LIB with comments removed for ver
6.12
> and abouve in
> adsfuncs.c and then compile.
>
> If you need the compiled lib I can mail you.
>
> Regards
> Sandeep
>
>
> --
> Sandeep R Rao
> <Datapark IBS India Pvt Ltd>
> <sandeeprao at vsnl dot net>
>
> "J.R.M." <jrm@cdisur.com> wrote in message
> news:3f8d3580@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> > Hi :
> > I have ADS/AIS v6.1 , FWH 2.3 and Harbour.
> > My harbour app opens a DBF on an AIS server. The action reported this
> error
> > : ADS/6425 ( an ads data dictionary connection is required for internet
> > connections )
> > Harbour hasn't functions to connect with an ads data dictionary.
> > Function AdsConnect60 don't works and I don't know if I need some
external
> > library for available connection....
> > How can I send login user and password??
> > I used file type ntx and 'ax_' functions don't work.
> >
> > Anybody can help me?
> >
> > Thanks a lot
> >
> >
>
>


Sandeep Rao R Posted on 2003-10-27 11:17:24.0Z
From: "Sandeep Rao R" <sandeeprao@vsnl.net>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Internet_Server
References: <3f8d3580@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Error ADS/6425 Open Error
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:47:24 +0530
Lines: 32
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: 61.1.218.136
Message-ID: <3f9cfee3@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 27 Oct 2003 04:17:55 -0700, 61.1.218.136
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!61.1.218.136
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Internet_Server:525
Article PK: 1120788

I could make it work with xHarbour.

If you have not yet got it working then I can send the sample PRG.

I use FWH 2.4/xHarbour from CVS/Win98 Node/Win2K Server.

--
Sandeep R Rao
<Datapark IBS India Pvt Ltd>
<sandeeprao at vsnl dot net>

"J.R.M." <jrm@cdisur.com> wrote in message
news:3f8d3580@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> Hi :
> I have ADS/AIS v6.1 , FWH 2.3 and Harbour.
> My harbour app opens a DBF on an AIS server. The action reported this
error
> : ADS/6425 ( an ads data dictionary connection is required for internet
> connections )
> Harbour hasn't functions to connect with an ads data dictionary.
> Function AdsConnect60 don't works and I don't know if I need some external
> library for available connection....
> How can I send login user and password??
> I used file type ntx and 'ax_' functions don't work.
>
> Anybody can help me?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
>