Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Call server-side script from client-side script

4 posts in PowerSite specific Last posting was on 2001-03-21 00:02:33.0Z
nick Posted on 2001-03-16 23:24:51.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powersite
From: "nick" <nick@compulink.gr>
Subject: Call server-side script from client-side script
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 01:24:51 +0200
Lines: 9
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4133.2400
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4133.2400
NNTP-Posting-Host: ath21-ppp38.compulink.gr 195.242.135.38
Message-ID: <382_MzMgZ2grAHA.266@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powersite:253
Article PK: 862657

Hi to all,
I would like to ask you How can i call from client-side script a
server-side script and to have the result from the server-side script
in the client-side script. For example, i wand to call a function
writing in server-side (DynaScript) script from a client-side script
(JAVASCRIPT) and to have an answer from the function.
Thanks in advance.


^*^GothicCastle^*^ Posted on 2001-03-20 08:32:41.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powersite
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:32:41 +0000
From: ^*^GothicCastle^*^ <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.75 [en] (Win98; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Call server-side script from client-side script
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 21
NNTP-Posting-Host: aremissoft.com 62.254.199.125
Message-ID: <382_3AB715A8.FA511847@hotmail.com>
References: <382_MzMgZ2grAHA.266@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powersite:250
Article PK: 862655

Nick,

One way that you could get round this is to write your client script code
as you would server script eg.

<SCRIPT language=javascript>
function getValue()...

would be written as:

<%
psDocument.WriteLn("<SCRIPT language=javascript>");
psDocument.WriteLn("function getValue()");
%>

This way your client value is essentially your server side value(and vice
versa) and can be accessed easily.

Davlon

nick wrote:

> Hi to all,
> I would like to ask you How can i call from client-side script a
> server-side script and to have the result from the server-side script
> in the client-side script. For example, i wand to call a function
> writing in server-side (DynaScript) script from a client-side script
> (JAVASCRIPT) and to have an answer from the function.
> Thanks in advance.


nick Posted on 2001-03-21 00:02:33.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powersite
From: "nick" <nick@compulink.gr>
Subject: Re: Call server-side script from client-side script
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 02:02:33 +0200
Lines: 42
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4133.2400
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4133.2400
NNTP-Posting-Host: ath21-ppp49.compulink.gr 195.242.135.49
Message-ID: <382_BumKDeTsAHA.301@forums.sybase.com>
References: <382_MzMgZ2grAHA.266@forums.sybase.com> <382_3AB715A8.FA511847@hotmail.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powersite:249
Article PK: 862654

Thanks for your awner but i have the folloowing questions.
First, How can i call server-side script from a client-side script.
Second, How can i pass a value from server-side script back into the
client-side script
In your example, you call client-side script from server-side script only.
thanks in advance.

"^*^GothicCastle^*^" <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3AB715A8.FA511847@hotmail.com...
> Nick,
>
> One way that you could get round this is to write your client script code
> as you would server script eg.
>
> <SCRIPT language=javascript>
> function getValue()...
>
> would be written as:
>
> <%
> psDocument.WriteLn("<SCRIPT language=javascript>");
> psDocument.WriteLn("function getValue()");
> %>
>
> This way your client value is essentially your server side value(and vice
> versa) and can be accessed easily.
>
> Davlon
>
> nick wrote:
>
> > Hi to all,
> > I would like to ask you How can i call from client-side script a
> > server-side script and to have the result from the server-side script
> > in the client-side script. For example, i wand to call a function
> > writing in server-side (DynaScript) script from a client-side script
> > (JAVASCRIPT) and to have an answer from the function.
> > Thanks in advance.
>


Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Posted on 2001-03-20 15:41:36.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powersite
From: "Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]" <lcermak@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Call server-side script from client-side script
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:41:36 -0700
Lines: 63
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4133.2400
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4133.2400
NNTP-Posting-Host: node-64-248-206-25.dslspeed.zyan.com 64.248.206.25
Message-ID: <382_Se$Zr6UsAHA.301@forums.sybase.com>
References: <382_MzMgZ2grAHA.266@forums.sybase.com> <382_3AB715A8.FA511847@hotmail.com> <382_BumKDeTsAHA.301@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powersite:248
Article PK: 862651

From client script you need to link to a page in order to fire off a server
script. You can link to the current page and pass parameters to indicate
it's a reload or whatever and process based on that.

A server-side script can create HTML hidden forms to store information,
that's one way. Another is to have the server script create the client-side
script that part of the page with document.write statements and then set
values based on anything that exists in the server script.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]

Web DataWindow Articles: http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1003371

"nick" <nick@compulink.gr> wrote in message
news:BumKDeTsAHA.301@forums.sybase.com...
> Thanks for your awner but i have the folloowing questions.
> First, How can i call server-side script from a client-side script.
> Second, How can i pass a value from server-side script back into the
> client-side script
> In your example, you call client-side script from server-side script only.
> thanks in advance.
>
>
> "^*^GothicCastle^*^" <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:3AB715A8.FA511847@hotmail.com...
> > Nick,
> >
> > One way that you could get round this is to write your client script
code
> > as you would server script eg.
> >
> > <SCRIPT language=javascript>
> > function getValue()...
> >
> > would be written as:
> >
> > <%
> > psDocument.WriteLn("<SCRIPT language=javascript>");
> > psDocument.WriteLn("function getValue()");
> > %>
> >
> > This way your client value is essentially your server side value(and
vice
> > versa) and can be accessed easily.
> >
> > Davlon
> >
> > nick wrote:
> >
> > > Hi to all,
> > > I would like to ask you How can i call from client-side script a
> > > server-side script and to have the result from the server-side script
> > > in the client-side script. For example, i wand to call a function
> > > writing in server-side (DynaScript) script from a client-side script
> > > (JAVASCRIPT) and to have an answer from the function.
> > > Thanks in advance.
> >
>
>