A while ago I made a project in Powersite.
Some files were checked in, some remained checkedout.
Now, when I want to continue on that particular project I keeping getting:
"Error: 8011: An unspecified error occured."
When on the other hand I try to add a new project, I get:
"Error 8029: Internal error creating the project."
On the other other projects keep working as expected.
I'm working standalone with powersite 7 , build 300
Wondering if I did something wrong with that project ???
Any help would be appreciated,
Wim Dewulf Tel. : 0032-56/36.84.75
Barco Coordination Center (IT) Fax. : 0032-56/36.82.85
Noordlaan 5 E-mail : mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
B-8520 Kuurne Url : http://www.barco.com/
From: "Wim Dewulf" <email@example.com>
Subject: Error: 8011: An unspecified erro occured / Error 8029: Internal error creating the project
Organization: BARCO n.v.
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 11:17:18 -0500
NNTP-Posting-Host: unknown.barco.com 188.8.131.52
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powersite:291
Article PK: 862681
From: "Jackie Green" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Re: Error: 8011: An unspecified erro occured / Error 8029: Internal error creating the project
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:50:29 -0500
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: jagreen-nt.sybase.com 184.108.40.206
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powersite:287
Article PK: 840535
For the project you are having trouble with, is it specific project files or
the entire project?
If it's the entire project, here's something to try -- use windows explorer
to copy the entire project directory to a new location, then create a new
project pointing to the new location. If it works, you'll have all of the
project files, but not version history. If it is specific files, again use
windows explorer to copy the files to different name within the project
directory. Either way, you may need to clear file attributes (Read Only,
Archive) on one or more files, also using windows explorer.
For the problem creating a new project, make sure you are using a login that
has access to create projects (verify in security administrator). You could
try a creating a project in a different component manager on a different
server. If that works maybe there is something wrong with the component
manager db you're using. If so, check out all projects (and team
favorites) to your hard drive so you have local copies of all project files,
copy the component manager .db file to a different name, then install a new
component manager, then create new projects pointing to the local project
directories, then check everything in. Again, you'll lose version history,
also any security settings you defined, so you'll have to redefine that.